July 03, 2014

Festival Wish List

Festival Lookbook

Today is the first day of  Bluesfest, which is the big annual summer music festival in my city.  Despite the fact that I've lived here in Ottawa my whole life, it's actually my first time going so I'm super excited! This year has an amazing line-up with artists from Lady Gaga to Snoop Dogg, and tons of country performers like Blake Shelton and The Band Perry, which I'm especially excited about!

Ever since seeing all the fabulous outfits from my favourite beauty bloggers at Coachella and Bonnaroo, I've seriously been lusting over festival fashion.  This week I'm looking forward to get to experiment with some of these unique styles myself and bring out my inner bohemian-babe!  So here's some of the pieces that I'll be looking out for when shopping for festival-inspired wear:

1.  The first thing that comes to mind when I think of summer festival style is crop tops! This crochet one from H&M is so cute and perfect for creating a bohemian-inspired look.  I also love this flirty, tropical crop from Topshop because it's a little bit unexpected and adds a pop of colour against earthy-toned accessories.

2. High-waisted denim shorts are a must for pairing with cute crop tops.  The light wash and slightly destroyed texture of this pair from H&M is super versatile and will go with pretty much everything.

3. Flowy, care-free dresses are also a staple for my festival wardrobe. This daisy-printed swing dress is so cute and effortless and will keep you cool in the summer heat.

4. Of course, fringe anything is a must to achieve that care-free bohemian/hippie vibe.  I love this white fringe bucket bag with gold detailing from Daily Look.

5.  If you're going to be at the festival location all day long, a backpack is ideal for storing all the necessities you might need while there (water bottles, snacks, sunscreen, camera, etc.) This brown leather one from Free People with it's sublet aztec print and worn-in look will go with pretty much any outfit!





6.  Pairing ankle booties with dresses or denim shorts is a great way to make an outfit look more laid-back and effortlessly chic. These ones from Sole Society perfect for pairing with summer dresses.  The cut-outs along the sides make them really unique, but will also help keep your feet from sweltering in a closed-toe shoe!

7. Caged gladiator-style sandals are a classic piece for summer festival style. These ones from Forever 21 are super inexpensive and the cognac colour faux-leather is really versatile as well.

8. This simple straw fedora from Sole Society is the perfect accessory to complete any festival-look and essential for protecting your pretty face from the sun.

9. Obviously, a flower crown is a necessity for any summer music festival!  Yes, they may be silly and a bit overdone but I think they're fun and they look so pretty in photos. I like this one from H&M because it's subtle and almost dainty with the small cream flowers.

10. Finally, a Polaroid camera is the ultimate summer music festival accessory for snapping pics - plus it just looks so cool! I love the pale blue colour of this one from Fujifilm.

Let me know what pieces are on your summer festival wish list! Also, be on the lookout for some more festival-inspired posts coming soon!

Signature

1 comment:

  1. ahhh i'm dying over those crop tops!! those with the fringe bag are so cute together :)

    ReplyDelete