July 04, 2014

June Favourites

I can't believe it's already July.  I know every beauty blogger on the planet says that when it comes time for their monthly favourites, but June seriously just flew by for me!  I feel like summer just started but it's already almost half over; and while I do love the fall, I'd really like for summer to drag on as long as possible.  Keep the late nights and lazy afternoons filled with sunshine and sangria coming please!

Anywho, I'm super excited to be doing my first monthly favourites post.  I didn't try out too many new products this month but I did find a couple that I love, along with a few oldies that I found myself reaching for often throughout June.
My first favourite beauty product would be my Naked 3 palette.  I got this baby back in December, but didn't find myself reaching for it much until the past month or so. The shades are all golden and rose-hued so I find they perfectly compliment a summery-bronzed makeup look! And like all the Urban Decay eye shadows, they are super pigmented and long-wearing, which is perfect to last through those hot summer nights!
I have been using The Body Shop's Strawberry Body Butter to death this month.  I like to use it on my legs after shaving right after I get out of the shower to keep them super smooth and hydrated.  My skin tends to be super dry all year long so I prefer using body butters as oppose to regular lotion.  Plus this scent is so sweet and fruity, it's perfect for summer! 
I recently fell back in love with Maybelline The Falsies waterproof mascara.  This was my go-to mascara when it first came out, and I have no idea why I ever stopped using it because I LOVE IT!  I often have trouble with the curl of my lashes falling throughout the day, but this one keeps them looking perfect into the night! It gives my eyes a look of full, defined lashes that aren't clumped together so it's definitely once again become my holy grail mascara. 
 Another favourite eye product of mine this month has been the Revlon Colorstay Liquid Liner.  I typically just stick to mascara during the day, but if I'm going out to dinner or downtown with friends at night then I love to rock a subtle winged eye-look.  This liner has been my favourite lately because its almost marker-like applicator makes it super easy to create a variety of different looks.  The formula is really long-lasting too, it hasn't smudged or faded on me even after a night out.
 My nail polish pick of the month is hands down Essie's 'Bikini So Teeny'. I've honestly just been reapplying this all month because I don't want to take it off! The bright purple-blue colour of this polish makes the perfect summer nail in my opinion.
 Because it's hot and I'm too lazy to spend the time to blow-dry and curl my hair everyday, I've been sticking to a more natural, wavy look in June.  After washing my hair in the morning, I let it air dry about 50%, apply a texturizing product, and sweep it to the side in a loose braid.  I've been loving my Marc Anthony Dream Waves Amplifying Lotion to help define the natural wave in my hair, and give it more of a beachy look.  I love this because it doesn't make my hair crunchy like a mouse would, plus it smells like coconuts.  Once my hair is dry after a couple of hours, I shake out the braid and I'm left with pretty beachy hair that's super simple and effortless!
The Revlon Photoready Concealer was a new favourite product of mine in June.  It covers redness perfectly and stays put throughout the day.  I find that it's a perfect dupe for my usual Benefit 'Boing' concealer, but at less than half the price!
One of my favourite accessories of the month has been my rose-gold wristlet from Michael Kors.  It's essentially a wallet but also has a slot for my phone and enough space for my keys, so I've been using this on the daily as oppose to carrying around a big purse.  The rose-gold matches beautifully with almost everything as well!
 Finally, I've been absolutely loving my Mossimo Avery sandals from Target.  I first bought these in white and I just loved them so much I went back recently to buy a second pair in black!  They're so comfortable, and I find that the gold detailing is so pretty and makes them look much more expensive than $19.99!

Let me know in the comments what you've been loving this past month.  I always love trying new products!

Signature

3 comments:

  1. thank you for following me, your blog is lovely :) monthly favourites posts are so fun to write too! the falsies is my holy grail as well and that purse is amazing! great post, Jenny xo
    jennyseverydaylife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting for the perfect excuse to indulge in the Naked 3 Palette.. I may just have to take the plunge after hearing you rave about it! x

    ReplyDelete